Matt Brown is going to fight fellow welterweight contender Tarec Saffiedine, but it won't be on the date he originally expected.
Matt Brown vs. Kelvin Gastelum headlines UFC Fight Night in Mexico on November 21st.
- UFC Fight Night : Brown vs. Silva. May 10, 2014 U.S. Bank Arena, Cincinnati, Ohio, United States Main card (FOX Sports 1 at 10 p.m. ET); Undercard (FOX Sports.
- Проведя свой последний бой в среднем весе, победитель 17 сезона The Ultimate Fighter, Кельвин Гастелум хочет вернуться в.
- Event information, results, video and fighter information for UFC Fight Night Broomfield.
- It was a wild night of knockouts and upsets at UFC Fight Night 40 on Saturday night. From Matt Brown's incredible win over Erick Silva to.
- Event information, results, video, and fighter information for UFC Fight Night, live from San Jose, California.
Despite Dana White's preference that top prospect Kelvin Gastelum remain at middleweight, Gastelum has been booked for a welterweight return on November 21st against Matt Brown. "The Immortal" confirmed on Fox Sports' Great MMA Debate podcast that it will serve as the headliner for the TUF Latin America 2 Finale on Fox Sports 1 in Monterrey, Mexico. Brown (20-13) snapped a two-fight losing streak (against Robbie Lawler and Johny Hendricks ) with an impressive 1st round submission win vs. Tim Means at UFC 189. The guillotine choke stoppage was his first submission win since a 2008 armbar of Ryan Thomas at UFC 91. This will be Brown's 3rd UFC main event, with his previous two coming against Lawler and Erick Silva. Gastelum (11-1) was forced to move back up to middleweight after his documented struggles cutting down to 170 pounds, and the TUF 17 winner easily disposed of Nate Marquardt at UFC 188.
The 23-year-old missed weight on his first attempt on three separate occasions, and he came in visibly ill and 180 pounds in his January 2015 loss to Tyron Woodley. For Gastelum, this is set to be his first UFC headlining spot. Also confirmed for this card is a lightweight match-up between Efrain Escudero and Leandro Silva. Gastelum and Escudero are coaches on season 2 of TUF Latin America. One thing to note, as good as this main event is, it is lined up to run directly against the big Miguel Cotto vs. Canelo Alvarez PPV event. As much as the Mexican fans have embraced the UFC's previous two trips, this is going to be a pretty difficult sell considering the enormity of Canelo vs.
Cotto will surely have in Mexico.